As part of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are now on the seventh supplemental order from Chief Judge Garcia regarding Court operations in WDTX during this strange time. The evolution of the Court's orders regarding COVID can all be accessed HERE.
Here are the highlights from the latest Order:
Trials Continued Through September 30, 2020:
All trials, both civil and criminal, bench and jury, currently set through September 30, 2020 are continued.
Discretion to Proceed With Jury Trials:
WDTX encompasses 68 different counties and the Court recognizes that the public health considerations may be very different between Divisions. Thus, the judges in each division are permitted to evaluate the facts and circumstances of that division to determine whether jury trials can safely proceed. If the judges determine jury trials can be safely conducted, the most senior judge in the division may enter an order resuming jury trials.
With over 50 years of combined experience with federal court practice in the Western District, our team boasts former federal clerks and outstanding litigators with unrivaled experience in local federal litigation. Our contributors are all located in the Waco office of Naman, Howell, Smith & Lee. With an office just blocks from the Waco courthouse, we have our finger on the pulse of the emerging patent litigation practice in the Waco Division of the Western District, and we want to share that expertise with you.
- WDTX - Amended Order Assigning the Business of the Court - 12/16/22
- New WDTX Order Begins Assigning Patent Cases Filed in Waco to Judges Throughout the Western District...What Next?
- Revised Order Governing Proceedings - OGP 3.5.1
- New Order re Filing Documents Under Seal and Redacted Public Versions
- New Order Governing Proceedings - Patent Cases - OGP Version 3.5
- Live Audio Feed for Jury Trial - Profectus Technology LLC v Google LLC
- 2nd Amended Standing Order Re Motions for Inter-District Transfer
- New Standing Order Re Joint/Unopposed Requests
- New Order Governing Proceedings - Patent Cases - Version 3.4
- Judge Albright's New Standing Orders