This week, Judge Albright entered a new Standing Order Regarding Motions for Inter-District Transfer. Here are the key takeaways:
- Any party who files such motion must provide the Court with a status report—no later than 6 weeks prior to the date of the Markman hearing—stating whether the motion has been fully briefed and is ready for resolution.
- Any party who has such motion pending at the time the Order was entered (March 23) and has a Markman hearing scheduled less than 6 weeks from March 23, must file this status report as quickly as is reasonable, but in no event more than 5 business ...
One of our wonderful contributors, Andy Powell, a partner at Naman Howell Smith & Lee in Waco, was quoted in Law360 discussing the impact Judge Albright has had on the patent litigation scene here in the Waco Division:
"He's very knowledgeable on patent law," said Naman Howell Smith & Lee PLLC member Andy Powell of Judge Albright. "He really knows the case law very well, and he has an absolute passion for it."
Powell, who is based in Judge Albright's Waco division and has been practicing in the Western District for nearly 20 years, said that the judge's predecessor, Judge Walter Scott ...
After more than a week of trial, the jury in VLSI v. Intel, 6:21-cv-57, handed VLSI a win, finding that Intel infringed two patents resulting in a verdict of over $2 billion.
This is Judge Albright's second patent jury trial since taking the federal bench in Waco.
With over 50 years of combined experience with federal court practice in the Western District, our team boasts former federal clerks and outstanding litigators with unrivaled experience in local federal litigation. Our contributors are all located in the Waco office of Naman, Howell, Smith & Lee. With an office just blocks from the Waco courthouse, we have our finger on the pulse of the emerging patent litigation practice in the Waco Division of the Western District, and we want to share that expertise with you.
- WDTX - Amended Order Assigning the Business of the Court - 12/16/22
- New WDTX Order Begins Assigning Patent Cases Filed in Waco to Judges Throughout the Western District...What Next?
- Revised Order Governing Proceedings - OGP 3.5.1
- New Order re Filing Documents Under Seal and Redacted Public Versions
- New Order Governing Proceedings - Patent Cases - OGP Version 3.5
- Live Audio Feed for Jury Trial - Profectus Technology LLC v Google LLC
- 2nd Amended Standing Order Re Motions for Inter-District Transfer
- New Standing Order Re Joint/Unopposed Requests
- New Order Governing Proceedings - Patent Cases - Version 3.4
- Judge Albright's New Standing Orders