On November 18, 2022, Judge Alia Moses became Chief Judge of the Western District of Texas. Prior to this, on November 15, 2022, outgoing Chief Judge Garcia entered an Amended Order Assigning the Business of the Court that appeared to assign "All cases and proceedings in the Waco Division" to Judge Albright, thus superseding the previous July 25, 2022 Order (see previous post HERE) randomly assigning patent cases filed in Waco to one of the 12 District Judges across the Divisions.
However that Order has now been replaced. On December 16, 2022, Chief Judge Moses entered a new Amended Order Assigning the Business of the Court, ordering that "Patent cases will be assigned as ordered on July 25, 2022 in the Court’s Order Assigning the Business of the Court as it Relates to Patent Cases, with the exception that no further cases will be assigned to Senior Judge Frank Montalvo, and until further order of the Court."
Jacqueline Altman practices civil litigation, focusing primarily on patent litigation and personal injury defense.
Prior to joining Naman Howell, Jacqueline practiced patent litigation at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati in ...
Andy Powell serves as primary legal counsel in federal court litigation, including patent, trademark, and copyright lawsuits. Andy also helps clients obtain patent, trademark, and copyright protection for their valuable IP ...
John Palmer is a trial attorney and mediator. His primary areas of practice are family law, federal law, patent litigation, alternative dispute resolution, and general civil litigation. He is a published author and speaker on ...
With over 50 years of combined experience with federal court practice in the Western District, our team boasts former federal clerks and outstanding litigators with unrivaled experience in local federal litigation. Our contributors are all located in the Waco office of Naman, Howell, Smith & Lee. With an office just blocks from the Waco courthouse, we have our finger on the pulse of the emerging patent litigation practice in the Waco Division of the Western District, and we want to share that expertise with you.
- WDTX - Amended Order Assigning the Business of the Court - 12/16/22
- New WDTX Order Begins Assigning Patent Cases Filed in Waco to Judges Throughout the Western District...What Next?
- Revised Order Governing Proceedings - OGP 3.5.1
- New Order re Filing Documents Under Seal and Redacted Public Versions
- New Order Governing Proceedings - Patent Cases - OGP Version 3.5
- Live Audio Feed for Jury Trial - Profectus Technology LLC v Google LLC
- 2nd Amended Standing Order Re Motions for Inter-District Transfer
- New Standing Order Re Joint/Unopposed Requests
- New Order Governing Proceedings - Patent Cases - Version 3.4
- Judge Albright's New Standing Orders