The Court has charged the jury in Case No. 6:21-cv-299, Vlsi Technology Llc V. Intel Corporation.
Closing arguments are set to begin in 5-10 minutes. Each side has 90 minutes for closing.
Here is the dial-in to listen to the closings in real time.
Meeting ID: 161 923 7157
The jury has reached a verdict in Case No. 6:21-cv-299, VLSI Technology LLC V. Intel Corporation.
A Waco Texas jury found that Intel did not infringe the claims of the 2 asserted patents.
VLSI asked the jury to award over $3 billion in damages, alleging that Intel infringed two patents related to computer chip technology.
This is the second of three trials between VLSI and Intel where VLSI alleges that Intel's computer chips infringe VLSI's patents. In the first case, No. 6:21-cv-57, the Waco jury awarded VLSI over $2 billion after finding that Intel infringed the two asserted patents ...
The second trial between VLSI and Intel began this morning in the Waco Federal Courthouse: Case No. 6:21-cv-299, Vlsi Technology Llc V. Intel Corporation.
The Court has provided a dial-in for members of the public to call in and listen to the trial proceedings in real time.
Meeting ID: 161 923 7157
The Court now has a default Protective Order for patent cases. The PO can be found under "Courtroom Guidance" on the Court's website HERE.
Prior to this default protective order, Judge Albright had previously recommended that the parties use the default EDTX protective order as a starting point. The new Waco Division default protective order is similar to the EDTX order, with a few additions.
Most notably, the Waco Division PO includes both a "CONFIDENTIAL - OUTSIDE ATTORNEYS' EYES ONLY" designation as well as a "CONFIDENTIAL - ATTORNEYS' EYES ONLY" designation.
With over 50 years of combined experience with federal court practice in the Western District, our team boasts former federal clerks and outstanding litigators with unrivaled experience in local federal litigation. Our contributors are all located in the Waco office of Naman, Howell, Smith & Lee. With an office just blocks from the Waco courthouse, we have our finger on the pulse of the emerging patent litigation practice in the Waco Division of the Western District, and we want to share that expertise with you.
- WDTX - Amended Order Assigning the Business of the Court - 12/16/22
- New WDTX Order Begins Assigning Patent Cases Filed in Waco to Judges Throughout the Western District...What Next?
- Revised Order Governing Proceedings - OGP 3.5.1
- New Order re Filing Documents Under Seal and Redacted Public Versions
- New Order Governing Proceedings - Patent Cases - OGP Version 3.5
- Live Audio Feed for Jury Trial - Profectus Technology LLC v Google LLC
- 2nd Amended Standing Order Re Motions for Inter-District Transfer
- New Standing Order Re Joint/Unopposed Requests
- New Order Governing Proceedings - Patent Cases - Version 3.4
- Judge Albright's New Standing Orders