The presentation of evidence in Judge Albright's first patent jury trial has officially concluded and the jury is deliberating. While we await the verdict, here are some highlights and takeaways from the last week at trial.
Final Pretrial Matters:
On the morning trial began, Judge Albright took up some final pretrial matters before bringing in the jury. This included clarification on the effect of certain motions in limine on the content of the parties' opening statements.
The parties agreed to pre-admit certain exhibits. These exhibits could be referred to ...
No infringement. A Waco Texas federal jury has determined that MV3 did not prove that Roku had infringed any asserted claims of the '223 patent.
The technology at issue in this case covered screen mirroring and screen casting. MV3 asked the jury to award it over $6 million for Roku's use of screen mirroring technology and about $35 million for Roku's use of screen casting technology. Despite this, the jury found no infringement.
With over 50 years of combined experience with federal court practice in the Western District, our team boasts former federal clerks and outstanding litigators with unrivaled experience in local federal litigation. Our contributors are all located in the Waco office of Naman, Howell, Smith & Lee. With an office just blocks from the Waco courthouse, we have our finger on the pulse of the emerging patent litigation practice in the Waco Division of the Western District, and we want to share that expertise with you.
- WDTX - Amended Order Assigning the Business of the Court - 12/16/22
- New WDTX Order Begins Assigning Patent Cases Filed in Waco to Judges Throughout the Western District...What Next?
- Revised Order Governing Proceedings - OGP 3.5.1
- New Order re Filing Documents Under Seal and Redacted Public Versions
- New Order Governing Proceedings - Patent Cases - OGP Version 3.5
- Live Audio Feed for Jury Trial - Profectus Technology LLC v Google LLC
- 2nd Amended Standing Order Re Motions for Inter-District Transfer
- New Standing Order Re Joint/Unopposed Requests
- New Order Governing Proceedings - Patent Cases - Version 3.4
- Judge Albright's New Standing Orders