Pursuant to the parties' joint stipulation and request, Judge Albright has agreed to postpone a February in-person jury trial in a Waco patent case. On January 8, the parties in Digital Retail Apps, Inc. V. H-E-B, LP filed a joint stipulation asking the Court to postpone the February 19 jury trial in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The case was originally filed in the Waco Division in February 2019 and set for trial January 11, 2021. In August 2020, trial and jury selection was reset for February 19, 2021. Last week, the parties explained to the Court that the "worsening COVID-19 pandemic has raised significant concerns for both Parties’ attorneys, witnesses, and experts regarding the risks posed to anyone who attends in-person trial." They requested the Court "postpone the trial date from February 19 to an available date in April in order to allow the COVID-19 situation to ameliorate." On Wednesday, Judge Albright signed their agreed order postponing the trial.
With over 50 years of combined experience with federal court practice in the Western District, our team boasts former federal clerks and outstanding litigators with unrivaled experience in local federal litigation. Our contributors are all located in the Waco office of Naman, Howell, Smith & Lee. With an office just blocks from the Waco courthouse, we have our finger on the pulse of the emerging patent litigation practice in the Waco Division of the Western District, and we want to share that expertise with you.
- WDTX - Amended Order Assigning the Business of the Court - 12/16/22
- New WDTX Order Begins Assigning Patent Cases Filed in Waco to Judges Throughout the Western District...What Next?
- Revised Order Governing Proceedings - OGP 3.5.1
- New Order re Filing Documents Under Seal and Redacted Public Versions
- New Order Governing Proceedings - Patent Cases - OGP Version 3.5
- Live Audio Feed for Jury Trial - Profectus Technology LLC v Google LLC
- 2nd Amended Standing Order Re Motions for Inter-District Transfer
- New Standing Order Re Joint/Unopposed Requests
- New Order Governing Proceedings - Patent Cases - Version 3.4
- Judge Albright's New Standing Orders