Welcome to Waco Patent Litigation Updates: a blog by Jacqueline Altman, John Palmer, and Andy Powell, discussing newsworthy developments out of Waco, TX that don’t have to do with Chip and Joanna Gaines (for now).
Unless you are brand new to the patent litigation game, you should be aware that Waco is finally on the map for something other than Fixer Upper, Baylor football, or the Branch Davidians. The Western District of Texas, Waco Division is now the newest patent litigation hub in the nation thanks to the appointment of its latest District Judge, Alan Albright. If patent filings continue in Waco at the rate they have been since he took the bench, this small courthouse on Franklin Ave. is poised to widen its influence far past the Heart of Texas.
This blog is designed to be a forum for up-to-date, local information on all thing patent litigation, focusing on aspects unique to the Waco Division. Our goal is to be your one-stop resource for all things local patent litigation in Waco.
Have questions? Have a topic suggestion? Contact us!
With over 50 years of combined experience with federal court practice in the Western District, our team boasts former federal clerks and outstanding litigators with unrivaled experience in local federal litigation. Our contributors are all located in the Waco office of Naman, Howell, Smith & Lee. With an office just blocks from the Waco courthouse, we have our finger on the pulse of the emerging patent litigation practice in the Waco Division of the Western District, and we want to share that expertise with you.
- WDTX - Amended Order Assigning the Business of the Court - 12/16/22
- New WDTX Order Begins Assigning Patent Cases Filed in Waco to Judges Throughout the Western District...What Next?
- Revised Order Governing Proceedings - OGP 3.5.1
- New Order re Filing Documents Under Seal and Redacted Public Versions
- New Order Governing Proceedings - Patent Cases - OGP Version 3.5
- Live Audio Feed for Jury Trial - Profectus Technology LLC v Google LLC
- 2nd Amended Standing Order Re Motions for Inter-District Transfer
- New Standing Order Re Joint/Unopposed Requests
- New Order Governing Proceedings - Patent Cases - Version 3.4
- Judge Albright's New Standing Orders