As of March 24, 2020, Judge Albright has notified us via the patent work group that all of his civil hearings will still proceed by telephone (at least until May 1), unless he issues an Order on a specific case/hearing.
The Court is not anticipating using video or Webex at this time given the coordination and connectivity challenges those items can present. Depending on the reliability of the Court’s conference line, the Court may ask the parties to host the teleconferences and will contact the parties in advance should that occur. In addition, the Court will be providing instructions about submitting presentation materials for hearings via email.
We suspect Josh Yi will be emailing the parties with those instructions for upcoming hearings, but if you have any questions you can contact Josh directly.
With over 50 years of combined experience with federal court practice in the Western District, our team boasts former federal clerks and outstanding litigators with unrivaled experience in local federal litigation. Our contributors are all located in the Waco office of Naman, Howell, Smith & Lee. With an office just blocks from the Waco courthouse, we have our finger on the pulse of the emerging patent litigation practice in the Waco Division of the Western District, and we want to share that expertise with you.
- WDTX - Amended Order Assigning the Business of the Court - 12/16/22
- New WDTX Order Begins Assigning Patent Cases Filed in Waco to Judges Throughout the Western District...What Next?
- Revised Order Governing Proceedings - OGP 3.5.1
- New Order re Filing Documents Under Seal and Redacted Public Versions
- New Order Governing Proceedings - Patent Cases - OGP Version 3.5
- Live Audio Feed for Jury Trial - Profectus Technology LLC v Google LLC
- 2nd Amended Standing Order Re Motions for Inter-District Transfer
- New Standing Order Re Joint/Unopposed Requests
- New Order Governing Proceedings - Patent Cases - Version 3.4
- Judge Albright's New Standing Orders