Judge Albright's newest Order Governing Proceedings for Patent Cases (version 3.2) changes Markman briefing procedure from simultaneous to non-simultaneous briefing and includes corresponding changes to the default schedule. For pending cases with a scheduling order under an older OGP version, there may be some confusion as to whether briefing is governed by the currently-entered scheduling order (requiring simultaneous briefing) or the new OGP Version 3.2 (requiring non-simultaneous briefing).
For pending cases potentially affected by this change, Judge Albright entered a Standing Order explaining that OGP Version 3.2 applies retroactively to any case where the deadline for the parties’ opening Markman brief is more than one week after the date of this standing order, November 9. Thus, OGP Version 3.2 applies to any case where the opening Markman brief is currently due after November 16. In such cases where an older scheduling order has already been entered, the parties should file an amended proposed scheduling order to conform with OGP 3.2.
With over 50 years of combined experience with federal court practice in the Western District, our team boasts former federal clerks and outstanding litigators with unrivaled experience in local federal litigation. Our contributors are all located in the Waco office of Naman, Howell, Smith & Lee. With an office just blocks from the Waco courthouse, we have our finger on the pulse of the emerging patent litigation practice in the Waco Division of the Western District, and we want to share that expertise with you.
- WDTX - Amended Order Assigning the Business of the Court - 12/16/22
- New WDTX Order Begins Assigning Patent Cases Filed in Waco to Judges Throughout the Western District...What Next?
- Revised Order Governing Proceedings - OGP 3.5.1
- New Order re Filing Documents Under Seal and Redacted Public Versions
- New Order Governing Proceedings - Patent Cases - OGP Version 3.5
- Live Audio Feed for Jury Trial - Profectus Technology LLC v Google LLC
- 2nd Amended Standing Order Re Motions for Inter-District Transfer
- New Standing Order Re Joint/Unopposed Requests
- New Order Governing Proceedings - Patent Cases - Version 3.4
- Judge Albright's New Standing Orders