Stephen Mack is a partner in the Austin Office of Naman Howell. His practice focuses on electric, telecommunication, and water utility transactions and regulation. Stephen has experience representing energy and utility clients in proceedings before the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT), the Texas Railroad Commission, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, the Texas State Office of Administrative Hearings, and in a variety of Texas courts and Texas municipal proceedings. Before joining Naman Howell, Stephen served as a managing attorney for the Public Utility Commission of Texas representing PUCT Staff on base rate cases, change of control proceedings, sale/transfer/merger proceedings, transmission cost recovery factor proceedings, fuel reconciliation proceedings, fuel refund and surcharge proceedings, certificates of convenience and necessity proceedings and various other regulatory proceedings.
- Represented PUCT Staff in three of the largest change of control proceedings before the PUCT
- Represented PUCT Staff in multiple transmission utility, transmission and distribution utility, and vertically integrated electric utility base rate proceedings before the PUCT
- Represented PUCT Staff in multiple generation certificate of convenience and necessity cases
- Represented PUCT Staff in numerous contested electric, water, and sewer utility rate cases and certificate of convenience and necessity cases before SOAH and the PUCT
Civic & Professional
State Bar of Texas
Austin Bar Association
Gulf Coast Power Association
- State Bar of Texas, 2004
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
Texas A&M University School of Law, J.D.
- Texas A&M Law Review, Citations Editor
Texas Christian University, B.A. in Political Science and International Relations