The Texas administrative law and utilities attorneys at Naman, Howell, Smith & Lee, PLLC represent clients before the state and federal agencies which regulate:
- The environment
- Water rights
- Public health
- And financial institutions
Our attorneys, along with the general business section attorneys, also represent and assist banks and insurance companies in dealing with state and federal regulators.
Cases We Represent
Our firm is one of the most well-known legal names in the Texas public utilities market.
Our utilities attorneys represent:
- Investor-owned electric companies
- Traditional and renewable power generation companies
- Transmission distribution utilities
- Telecommunications providers
- Telephone cooperatives
- Other energy and public utility industry participants before the Public Utility Commission of Texas
- Other state and federal regulators
- Appeals from these agencies' decisions
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Matters
- Competitive Infrastructure Projects across North America
- Electric Cooperatives
The firm's representation has included industry participants that operate in areas outside of ERCOT as well as in the "deregulated" areas of ERCOT.
This section of Naman, Howell, Smith & Lee, along with real estate, business, and litigation section attorneys, has worked with utilities in virtually every aspect of their businesses, including:
- Legislative activities
- Regulatory compliance
- Regulatory approvals, authorizations, and waivers
- Rate setting and rate adjustments
- Right of way acquisition, including environmental permitting, condemnation, and real estate purchases
- Administrative litigation, including discovery, fully contested hearings before SOAH, and settlements
- Litigation and appeals
- Commercial transactions
Our Experience with Utility Law
We have represented utilities in Texas for decades, giving our attorneys vast knowledge and the ability to achieve outstanding results at an exceptional value.
Our Texas attorneys' understanding of the interplay between business objectives and regulatory controls enable our clients to make nuanced and strategic decisions to most effectively achieve their goals.