Stephen Carl practices civil litigation, focusing primarily on family law cases. Stephen graduated, cum laude, from Baylor Law School with a special distinction in family law and as an editor for the Baylor Law Review. Stephen is ...
Family law can be complicated.
This blog contains some of the most common questions that our family law attorneys receive. Search or click below to learn more about common family law issues regarding divorce, child custody, adoption, and CPS.
- Foster Parents may Intervene Prior to Twelve Months Under Certain Circumstances
- New Changes to CPS Statutes Effective 09/01/2021: Prioritization of Placement Decisions
- New Change to Child Support Effective 09/01/2021: Reduction in Support Requirements for Low-Income Earners
- What is a common law marriage in Texas?
- Can I be ordered to pay my spouse alimony (spousal maintenance)?
- Is my premarital agreement enforceable?
- What are "Initial Disclosures"?
- Should my spouse and I use the same lawyer for our divorce?
- What is Collaborative Family Law?
- Who has more power over a CPS case: The judge or CPS?