Working with clients is one of my favorite parts of practicing law, whether it be guiding them through their specific legal needs or easing any discomfort they may have about the litigation process. I strive to leave each of my clients in a better position than when we were retained, and I firmly believe the work we do together furthers that goal.
Kaitlin Kerr is an attorney who advises and represents clients in a variety of matters including transportation, personal injury and wrongful death, insurance coverage disputes, construction, appellate law, products liability, premises liability, contract and business disputes, estate planning, and commercial litigation, among others.
Kaitlin’s experience involves all aspects of the litigation process from pre-suit through trial and appeal. She represents clients in state courts, federal courts, and in arbitration proceedings throughout the State of Texas. She routinely works with clients pre-suit with the ultimate goal of reaching an amicable resolution without the need for litigation. In each case, Kaitlin’s focus is learning the specific needs of the client, assessing options that meet those needs, and advising her clients on the best course of action to obtain the most optimal result.
Prior to joining Naman Howell, Kaitlin served as a Judicial Clerk to Senior U.S. District Judge Robert Junell in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas.
- Successfully defended a subcontractor in a multi-week arbitration proceeding involving a complex construction defect case in which the subcontractor was completely exonerated.
- Succeeded in appealing an adverse ruling on personal jurisdiction for a multinational corporate client involving a contract dispute, resulting in dismissal of the case.
- Obtained dismissal of a case involving allegations of breach of contract, fraud, and insurance code violations prior to trial.
Top Attorney (Civil Law & Litigation), Fort Worth Magazine, 2022
Civic & Professional
State Bar of Texas
Tarrant County Bar Association
Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association
Defense Research Institute (DRI)
Texas Association of Defense Counsel
Junior League of Fort Worth
News & Insights
Changing the Perception of Truck Drivers—America’s Heroes—in the COVID-19 Era, By Jennifer Hall, Chip Campbell, Shane O’Dell, and Kaitlin Kerr, DRI In Transit, Volume 23, Issue 2
- State Bar of Texas, 2015
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2015
- Texas Tech Law Review, Executive Managing Editor
Baylor University, B.B.A., 2012