Paralegal - Litigation Defense - Fort Worth (Part-Time)
The Fort Worth office of Naman, Howell, Smith & Lee, PLLC, an established over 100-year-old Texas law firm has an immediate opening for a part-time litigation paralegal with at least three years of experience to assist a growing office. Expectations include assisting in managing a busy and diverse litigation docket from pre-suit investigations through trial and appeal.
A congenial environment, team atmosphere, and great benefits await the ideal candidate.
Experience in trucking, transportation, product liability, and insurance defense strongly preferred.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Client communication and case updates.
- Management of overall case volume and the movement of cases.
- Database management of high-volume documents.
- Obtaining and reviewing medical records and incorporating them into medical chronologies.
- Coordinating with experts and obtaining counter-affidavits or other reports as needed.
- Assisting with responding to discovery.
- Preparing client documents and files for trial, hearings, depositions & mediations.
- Conducting background and social media searches.
- E-filing as needed.
- A minimum of three years of litigation paralegal experience, preferably defense of trucking, transportation, product liability, insurance, or premises cases.
- Ability to maintain contemporaneous billing records relating to tasks completed.
- Highly organized self-starter who is capable of anticipating attorneys' needs.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Dependable with strong work ethic and professional demeanor.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is highly preferred.