Paralegal - Litigation Defense - Fort Worth
The Fort Worth office of Naman, Howell, Smith & Lee, PLLC, an established over 100-year-old Texas law firm has an immediate opening for a litigation paralegal with at least three years of experience to assist a growing office. Expectations include assisting in managing a busy and diverse litigation docket from pre-suit investigations through trial and appeal.
A congenial environment, team atmosphere, and great benefits await the ideal candidate.
Experience in trucking, transportation, product liability, and insurance defense strongly preferred.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Client communication and case updates.
- Management of overall case volume and the movement of cases.
- Database management of high-volume documents.
- Assist attorneys in all stages of litigation from pre-suit investigation through trial and appeal.
- Obtain and review medical records and incorporate into medical chronology.
- Coordinate with experts and obtain counter-affidavits or other reports needed.
- Assist with responding to discovery and client interaction relating to documents needed.
- Preparing client documents and files for trial, hearings, depositions & mediations.
- Conducting background and social media searches.
- E-filing as needed.
- A minimum of three years of litigation paralegal experience, preferably defense of trucking, transportation, product liability, insurance, or premises cases.
- Highly organized self-starter who is capable of anticipating attorneys' needs.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and Adobe.
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Dependable with strong work ethic and professional demeanor.
- Ability to maintain contemporaneous billing records relating to tasks completed.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is highly preferred.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Standard hours are 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Staff members are exposed to typical office working conditions. Staff members should be able to stand, sit at an office space, speak and understand the English language, lift computer equipment, supplies and materials, and use office equipment and computers.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of a NHSL employee. Other responsibilities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
If you are prompted to submit a writing sample in the 'Miscellaneous' field, you may re-attach your resume to proceed. We only request writing samples when we reach out for an interview.