Legal Assistant - Litigation Defense - San Antonio
The San Antonio office of Naman, Howell, Smith & Lee, PLLC, an established over 100-year-old Texas law firm has an immediate opening for a litigation assistant with at least 3 years of experience to assist a growing office. Expectations include assisting a busy and diverse litigation docket from pre-suit investigations through trial and appeal.
A congenial environment, team atmosphere, and great benefits await the ideal candidate.
Experience in trucking, transportation, product liability, and insurance defense strongly preferred.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicating with clients, courts, experts, counsel, etc.
- E-filing in state and federal courts
- Scheduling & calendaring
- Entering time
- Making travel arrangements
- Drafting correspondence
- Organizing and maintaining case files
- Opening new files
- Highly organized self-starter who is capable of anticipating attorneys' needs
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Dependable with strong work ethic and professional demeanor
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is highly preferred
Microsoft Office Suite; Typing; E-filing; Transcribing; Meeting deadlines; Multi-tasking
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Standard hours are 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.