Legal Assistant - Litigation Defense - Waco
The Waco office of Naman, Howell, Smith & Lee, PLLC, an established over 100-year-old Texas law firm has an immediate opening for a legal assistant with at least three years of experience to assist a growing office.
A congenial environment, team atmosphere, and great benefits await the ideal candidate.
Prior legal experience, specifically in litigation defense, strongly preferred.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicating with clients, courts, experts, counsel, etc.
- E-filing in state and federal courts
- Scheduling & calendaring
- Entering time
- Making travel arrangements
- Drafting correspondence
- Organizing and maintaining case files
- Opening new files
- Highly organized self-starter who is capable of anticipating attorneys' needs
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and Adobe
- Attention to detail and quality
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Dependable with strong work ethic and professional demeanor
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is highly preferred
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Standard hours are 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Staff members are exposed to typical office working conditions. Staff members should be able to stand, sit at an office space, speak and understand the English language, lift computer equipment, supplies and materials, and use office equipment and computers.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of a NHSL employee. Other responsibilities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
If you are prompted to submit a writing sample in the 'Miscellaneous' field, you may re-attach your resume to proceed. We only request writing samples when we reach out for an interview.