Associate Attorney - Business Law - Austin
The Austin office of Naman, Howell, Smith & Lee, PLLC, an established over 100-year-old Texas law firm has an immediate opening for an associate attorney with 1-3 years of general business transactional experience.
The associate will primarily work for experienced partners and other associates with very dynamic, growing practices. We are looking for a person who is a self-starter who can assume a meaningful role on a team alongside other attorneys and spectacular support staff.
Our firm offers a fast-track to partnership. Associates are eligible for partnership consideration after 5 years of employment with the firm, and credit may be granted dependent on previous experience.
- Experience handling contract drafting and negotiation, corporate matters, and mergers and acquisitions, particularly in technology and/or financial services businesses, strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to explain complex legal principles to non-experts in a succinct and understandable manner
- Detail-oriented problem solver with ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative nature with a “client first,” integrity driven mindset
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Licensed to practice and in good standing in the State of Texas
- Competitive salary with annual bonus plan
- 401(k)/profit sharing after one-year of service
- Medical insurance is fully paid by the firm for attorneys and their dependents, subject to a minimal annual deductible
- Dental and vision insurance available at low rates
- Other fringe benefits offered, such as cell phone reimbursement and plan coverage, life insurance, and long-term disability
- Annual state bar fees and CLE expenses covered by the firm
If you are prompted to submit a writing sample in the 'Miscellaneous' field, you may re-attach your resume to proceed. We only request writing samples, when we reach out for interview.