Associate Attorney - Litigation Defense - San Antonio
The San Antonio office of Naman, Howell, Smith & Lee, PLLC, an established over 100-year-old Texas law firm has an immediate opening for an associate attorney with 5+ years of civil litigation experience, preferably in personal injury defense and transportation litigation.
We are looking for a person who is a self-starter who can assume a meaningful role on a team alongside other attorneys, as well as spectacular support staff.
Our firm offers a fast-track to partnership. Associates are eligible for partnership consideration after 5 years of employment with the firm, credit may be granted dependent on previous experience. Lateral attorneys are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in handling matters involving personal injury defense and trucking/transportation matters strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent client service in a timely and efficient manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to explain complex legal principles to non-experts in a succinct and understandable manner
- Detail-oriented problem solver with ability to function in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple competing priorities
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment and meet deadlines
- Collegial and collaborative with a “client first” mindset
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Licensed to practice and in good standing in the State of Texas
- Occasional local as well as state-wide travel may be required
- Competitive salary with annual bonus plan
- 401 (k)/profit sharing after one-year of service
- Medical insurance is fully paid by the firm for attorneys and their dependents, subject to a minimal annual deductible
- Dental and vision insurance available at low rates
- Other fringe benefits offered, such as cell phone reimbursement, life insurance and long-term disability
- Annual state bar fees covered by the firm
If you are prompted to submit a writing sample in the 'Miscellaneous' field, you may re-attach your resume to proceed. We only request writing samples when we reach out for an interview.