Associate Attorney - Litigation Defense - Houston
Naman, Howell, Smith & Lee, PLLC, an established over 100-year-old Texas law firm, has an immediate opening for an associate attorney with 3+ years of civil litigation experience, preferably in personal injury defense and transportation litigation.
We are seeking an associate who is already located in Houston and who can successfully work from home or in a WeWork type office. This individual will primarily work for an experienced senior partner with a very dynamic practice from our Fort Worth office. Regular travel around the greater Houston area, as well as occasional travel to Fort Worth, will be required.
Our firm offers a fast-track to partnership. Associates are eligible for partnership consideration after 5 years of employment with the firm, credit may be granted dependent on previous experience. Lateral attorneys are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in handling matters involving personal injury defense and trucking/transportation matters strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent client service in a timely and efficient manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to explain complex legal principles to non-experts in a succinct and understandable manner
- Detail-oriented problem solver with ability to function in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple competing priorities
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment and meet deadlines
- Collegial and collaborative with a “client first” mindset
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Licensed to practice and in good standing in the State of Texas
- Occasional local as well as state-wide travel may be required
- Competitive salary with annual bonus plan
- 401(k)/profit sharing after one-year of service
- Medical insurance is fully paid by the firm for attorneys and their dependents, subject to a minimal annual deductible
- Dental and vision insurance available at low rates
- Other fringe benefits offered, such as cell phone reimbursement, life insurance and long-term disability
- Annual state bar fees covered by the firm