Texas Lawyers Practicing Election, Legislative & Political Law
We've Been Honoring Heritage, Vision & Results since 1917
Attorneys in our election, legislative, and political section, based in
Austin, assist clients through various stages of the Texas and federal
These individuals bring diverse experiences inside and outside of government
to bear on solving client problems, and have developed extensive network
of bipartisan relationships with local, state, and federal officials.
Our Texas attorneys have experience in all aspects of the legislative process,
- Legislative drafting
- Lobbying efforts
- Strategic planning
Our History of Success With Political Law
Our lawyers have represented political parties, private corporations, individuals,
trade associations, cities, counties, and special districts, working extensively
with legislators, their staff, and agency officials to promote and protect
Specifically, our attorneys:
- Maintain close, professional relationships with key legislators, staff,
other elected and appointed officials, and agency officials and regulators.
- Prepare issue papers, talking points, and comments for circulation to or
in preparation for meetings with key leaders.
- Schedule meetings and/or engage in direct communications with key legislators
and staff to support clients' legislative agendas.
- Draft bills and amendments to bills.
- Consult with potential authors/sponsors of relevant legislation.
- Monitor proposed bills and activities of interim legislative committees
whose actions could affect clients, as well as similar monitoring of regulatory
activity that may impact clients.
- Work for enactment or defeat of legislation and agency rules.
- Prepare for and attend pertinent legislative committee hearings and floor debates.
- Prepare testimony before legislative committees.
- Identify and consult with relevant associations, coalitions, and other
stakeholders to strengthen clients' positions.
If you would like to speak directly to a lawyer, call one of our office
fill out our online form:
Austin - (512) 479-0300
Fort Worth - (817) 509-2025
San Antonio - (210) 731-6300
Waco - (254) 755-4100